Driving lessons will be the least of your costs when owning a car. They are an investment for life and life / work opportunities.
1 hour lesson $75 in School Car
1 hour lesson $65 using your own car
We try to meet students in Orewa or Silverdale.
Extra costs/time may apply if we are travelling towards Gulf Harbour.
$40 - 30 mins prep before the test on the day (provided you have had lessons with us)
$80 - car for test (conditions apply)
Our cars can be used for the actual test if you have had lessons with us and we feel you are ready for the test.
Co-ordination of times and dates have to be carefully planned.
Payment can be made before or after a lesson.
Cheque to Adams Driving School
Online banking 02 0480 00181 4500
Prepaid Adams Driving School Vouchers.
We cannot accept vouchers from other driving schools only those arranged by us.
Can we get a lesson this week?
We are booked approximately 1 week in advance. We get calls from people who have booked a test and want a lesson immediately - this can be too late for us to help you.
Blocks of Lessons
Let us know if you wish to book a block of lessons as we have to plan appointments ahead to avoid disappointment and interruption of progress.
Please contact us in advance of your preferred, required time.
Call us on 0800 575 283 our answering service or direct
Olive 0277409911 Dave 021510887
Do you give instruction in manual and automatic cars? Yes. Olive and Dave can teach you either.
We can provide an automatic or manual vehicle for your lesson or you can use your own (conditions apply).
We understand that you may prefer to do your driving lessons in your own car that you are familiar with. When you use one of our cars you have the benefit of being able to choose either to learn to drive in either a manual or automatic car knowing that we have some control over the car.
Does your driving school cars have dual controls? Yes
We want you to feel safe during your lessons and we can assist you in the beginning if required until you are in total control of the car.
Different levels of driving - what stage are you at?
At the beginning we try to establish your current ability and progress from there.
- If you are a beginner we will arrange to have the driving lesson in a quiet area until you feel confident to be on the road.
- If you are preparing for a Restricted or Full DrivingTest we will assess you in the first lesson to find out what you already know and tailor a learning schedule for you.
- This schedule will be updated as you progress. We keep a record of each lesson.
- We assess you continually during your lessons and tell you what needs to be practiced to get to your goal.
At Adams Driving School - your success is our success
We are all very individual - we learn in different ways
Everyone learns in different ways and some students progress faster than others - we find out what training will work for you.
Some people are very nervous and fearful of driving - we will help you cope until you feel more confident - we understand that for some people driving is a very scary prospect. We have lots of patience - don't worry.
At Adams Driving School
- We build confidence by teaching in a calm manner and encourage you.
- We want you to enjoy your driving lessons and enjoy driving.
- We will go at your pace - we are flexible in lessons - if something isn't working we change tack.
- Adams Driving Instructors teach you to learn driving skills in a way for you to feel confident in your own abilities.
Be prepared well for NZ driving conditions and test day with Adams Driving School.
See our facebook page - at the left side of the website.
The Older Person Assessment
If your doctor requires that you have an assessment, we will take you out in your own car and run you through a full check of your driving skills. We will give you coaching if required, and provide you and your doctor with a comprehensive written report.
Confidence Building - if you just want us to check your driving for you we are happy to do that too.
We want you to continue driving as long as you can to keep your independence - a refresher lesson can brush up on your skills and give you peace of mind.